Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A day unfolds......

So, earlier this week I was stressed to the max...had a million things to do, mostly un-fun things like, wash the car, get the oil changed, stock up at Sams, deliver this, retrieve that, fax a million things, and return several business related phone calls that would take up a lot of time.

Joe was home with the boys as I packed up my things and decided it was time to tackle the errands. I love errands when I'm not stressed. I hate errands when my mind is in a million places and other fires need put out. As I approached the door to exit my house, Joe said...."maybe you should go to a movie". Sweet sentiment, yes....but where in the heck was I going to find time to go TO A MOVIE???????? So I got in my car headed straight for an oil change. Moments later I was in the Regal Cinemas lobby buying my popcorn. And oh yes it was so good. I had decided I would see a light-hearted romantic chic flic, like "Made of Honor" with the oh so handsome Patrick Dempsey. yea, light hearted....that's just what i needed! So I found my seat and dipped my hand into my buttered popcorn, as the beginning of the movie started. Oh....did I mention I changed my mind? I saw..."Bucket List" with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. I just wasn't in the mood to see cute....I was in the mood to receive some truth. It's a wonderful movie! I already feel the need to see it again.

And yes I would like to point out that I realize how dear and sweet my husband is to be thinking about what could relieve me. I'm thankful he recognizes when I need an escape and that he is supportive in that way. He was probably just relieved that the escape I needed had nothing to do with my family! Amen!

Other quick highlights of my week include: walking with Pat last night. She showed me her new shiny cell phone and played some horrendous (sp?) lewd rap song for me. Why? I have no clue. But it made her laugh and her laugh is beautiful!
Today....most of my bible study ladies were here for our weekly fellowship! Sujette has been traveling the past couple of weeks and we have missed her. She is probably the most thoughtfully creative one of all of us. She is ALWAYS thinking about all of us and praying for us and our children. She described a beautiful wonder that she saw in the Portland Oregon area.....she stood in my living room and shared this even with her arms stretched and tears running down her face....as she demonstrated that she prayed for each one of us by name, our husbands, and all of our children. In this place, she collected smooth stones that had been worn down by the waters but had been refined to beauty (old and gray i might add). She brought us each a stone. She said she picked up the prettiest ones. Now, if that isn't a highlight....I don't know what is. (note to self......never stop loving sujette just the way she is......and thank you Jesus for her.)

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hey, I think its awesome that you went to the movies!!! So, often I think we forget about taking care of ourselves (I also think it's very awesome of your hubby to have suggested it)
Hope you continue to have a great week :)