Monday, April 14, 2008

Ken & Stella

Congrats to one of my precious clients, and a new friend, Ken, who bought his first home this week. One of the most rewarding aspects of my job is to hand over a set of keys to a new homeowner...and in this case, a first time homeowner. The fence is being installed this week for Ken's darling dog, Stella. An exicting part of this transaction, was that we successfully negotiated for the seller to pay fora fence for the large back yard. It was a critical point for Ken, and it was accomplished.

We searched through tons of homes, in a lot of different areas for Ken. We had fun! We also experienced a few nail biting moments......termite inspections are never fun, and home inspections always uncover the hidden truths of a home. In this case, we did discover some things we didn't like.....but we fought for the homes imperfect qualities to be redeemed, and we came out successful. I'm so happy for Ken! I do truly love my career. I'm so thankful to God for the gifts He has given me to be able to perform well at this career. I'm thankful for the degree I earned, through His faithfulness, and for the past career I had in the arena of managing trusts and estates. I'm mostly thankful for this opportunity to serve Him, everyday, through my work.

Thanks to Ken for allowing me to be a part of your journey, and for trusting me with your largest purchase to date! I hope you'll enjoy many happy years in your new home, and that we'll enjoy a forever friendship.

No comments: