Sunday, August 15, 2010

Softness

Stunning, simple beauty. She is a 20 year old orphan, at a University for Risk Management. She is more fortunate than most. Meeting her was an incredible highlight of my visit to Zim. Who am I kidding? Every moment was a highlight.

This one has such grace and poise. She literally looked after my every move with love and servanthood. She wanted me to be safe, comfortable, and cared for. She has the sweetest smile and the sweetest voice. If I could design a daughter, she would be just like her.

Yes, she has a name. A perfectly fitting one.

She is Precious. And I miss her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I'm not sure If I've met you, but my name is Danny O'Donnell. I was working with Rose of Sharon for 6 months from September 2009 to March 2010, and there is a chance that we might have crossed paths. I was feeling nostalgic about Zim tonight, and for some reason ended up googling ROS and finding this blog. Anyway, reading it has brought me back, and reminded me of how badly I need to reconnect and check in on Fatima, Keldon, Blessing, Emily, Beveline, Lovejoy, the whole gang. I miss them so dearly. The problem is, I can't access my Zim phone and don't have any numbers to call. Could you please, please, please send me an email about how I might best contact Fatima? Mine is dannyod@sonic.net

Thank you so much, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah said...

She's beautiful, luminous. Precious indeed.