Monday, August 23, 2010

Asher, Shawn & Spencer

All three of my sons have gone through or are going through a major transition. It's been a little hard on this momma.

Asher began Kindergarten last week, and so for the first time in his young life, he is away from me full-time during the day. I wasn't ready. He was.

Shawn now goes to his school 3 full days and 1 half day, whereas before he was strictly half days with an occasional full day here and there. I wasn't ready. He was.

Spencer is moving into an apartment with a friend at the end of the month. I'm ready. He thinks he is ready, but we won't really know until he has successfully paid some bills for a couple of months. He is working full time and planning to go back to school next semester. Oh....the what if's are larger in his life....and I worry. Can't help it.

Soon I am sure I will enjoy the extra hours I have to myself during the days. Those hours will either give me more me time, or give me more work time without having to get creative. Both are welcomed.

Just thought I'd let you know what's going on around here.

No comments: