Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pappywook

I know I know....I must be drunk. But, I'm not. It is just that I have had to do so much paperwork today that my brain hurts and well, when I thought about how much paperwork I've done today, my brain literally said...silently...pappywook, instead of paperwork. Did I chuckle at myself? Ummmmm.....yep!

I've had work related pappywook to do. I've had enrollment pappywook to do for my kids. I've had other pappywook to do for Shawn's upcoming transition on his 3rd birthday, from the Federal Early Intervention program, into a metro pre-k. I've dated and signed my name a thousand times. I've read the finest of fine print. I've had to look up digits and dates, go through files to find minute details of data from way back when. Shewwwwwwwww.......... I'm tarrrr'd.

I love when wonky words invade my brain. Makes me giggle. I'm just glad I didn't spit coffee out all over my pappywook.

What fantastically fun stuff did you do today?

3 comments:

Tracy said...

can i ever relate to pappywork???!!! it will pass!----quickly i hope! :)

fun? hmm.....changing a screaming in agony while kicking and punching baby's diaper.....not so fun...rips my heart out every time.

Sarah said...

Today I scrubbed toilets and floors and sinks. We have family in tonight, and I am exhausted but triumphant. That wood floor is positively gleaming! I was on my knees buffing it today, and I started to complain mentally. Then I remembered my memory passage in Proverbs 31: "She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks." And I thanked God for the strength in my arms and for the floors to scrub.

Melissa said...

pappywook---this will get me through the end of the year "pappywook" that I have waiting for me....:)