Sunday, August 31, 2008

Asher's self-portrait

About a year ago, I transformed one wall of our laundry room into an art area. I used chalk-board paint to create a chalk-board, and I also installed a small dry-erase board. In the beginning, it was scary, because Asher drew on things he shouldn't have. Now, he just draws where he should. He loves the art area. In the past couple of weeks, his artwork is starting to actually look like art, instead of haphazzard lines intersection moons. Below is an example. Yesterday he drew 2 "boys". He told me one was him. I thought this art deserved some exposure. (Maybe he'll paint beautiful artwork like his Daddy someday!)






I love to see the creative spark in my sweet Asher. He's too precious for words. By the way, these masterpieces are for sale. Hurry up and get yours before it gets erased!

3 comments:

Melissa Irwin said...

Ok, I have to be the first to leave a comment here. I showed Asher this post and he said, "But Mommy, why am I so naked?" Holy moly!

Anonymous said...

I think you have an artist on your hands! A naked one, but nonetheless, an artist.

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet!