Friday, February 19, 2010

Truck Update

So, yesterday I received an email from one of my friends who said, "girl i want my fingerprints all over that truck!" Amen, sister. I do too. What a beautiful sentiment.

So far I have received $1,070 in my hands. Some of those were through paypal, and others by check. Today I received 2 checks that I wasn't even aware were on the way. One from a sweet new friend of mine who also happens to be a recent client. And another from one of Marcia Ramirez's blog readers. Wow. I am so thankful!

From what I can actually count so far between what has been received and specific pledges that I have already named...including my own pledge, it looks like we have about $4,420. I know there are a few peeps out there who have told me they are discussing their financial ability with spouses and will let me know something soon. And at least one of my friends has issued a challenge to her friends and family to give give give.....and so that is an unknown figure at this point.

I will not be ending this fundraiser until 3/25 so there is still plenty of time to give. I will continue to update as often as I have updates.

Thanks to everyone so far. This experience is really doing a work in me. My heart is overwhelmed and I am strengthened. I am in awe of the God who is in control of this. I bet He has already picked out the truck and is having it shipped from Japan to South Africa, where it will be spit-shined and prepared for Fatima and some of the greatest children in the world.

No comments: