Monday, February 8, 2010

Meaty

Did I mention that my giving up meat won't begin until my freezer is empty? I think I did. Anyway....nice bowl of hearty, meaty chili made it's way to my tummy last night, and again today for lunch. Yummmmmmmmmm. On the other hand, I tasted not a drop of Facebook last night or today. Not a drop. And I can tell that this part of the journey will be easy. I am thankful to have received many precious emails from supportive facebook friends. Thanks y'all.

The meatiest dish of all today was my bible study time. Man, God's word really packs a punch and I am thrilled and amazed by a healthy dose of focus. Thank you, Lord!

I memorized two verses today. I have been reciting them all day and I will continue until I know that I know that I know that I know I will never forget them. I want them to fall off my tongue when I encounter a person who needs to hear the truth of God's word. And I want to be equipped when Satan tries again to knock me off my path. And I want to memorize many many more....not for memory sake, but because I want scripture to be more a part of me than my own thoughts and ideas. I want it that bad.

What else did I do today? Well, while Asher and Shawn took a lengthy nap (3 hours) I read a book. Yep, a whole book, cover to cover. I didn't even get up to pee. The book was meaty too. It was amazing. I cried 3 times.....with the 1st being just in the introduction. Seriously.....I can't wait to tell you more about the book.

Tomorrow.

Nighty night.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Okay, you have to spill it! I bet I know. I bet it was What Difference Do it Make?

I can't wait to read that one.

I love your description of the meaty Bible study. Awesome!