Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Ooops

So, late late yesterday afternoon I sent out an email to a large group of contacts, baring my soul about a need for an orphanage in Zimbabwe, in an effort to raise between $10,000 - $15,000 in a matter of just a few weeks.

First of all, praise be to God that no one has fussed at me yet. But I realized after I sent the email that I didn't even verbalize how okay it would be if any of the receivers could not contribute. I have a perfect excuse for this, except that there are never any perfect excuses. I was just so hurried to press "send" for fear that I would chicken out.

For all of you who received my email and felt that I left it as though you will definitely contribute, because I said you would, and there is no room for debate.....please accept my apology. In my heart, I never once felt that. And hopefully, you didn't feel it....but this apology is here just in case.

UPDATE********
I woke up at 3:11am and could not go back to sleep. I reached for the iPhone to check my email, with a pounding heart. I have already received a couple of emails from peeps who are planning to contribute and will get back with me soon regarding amounts. And, I have recieved one amazing pledge already of $1,000. I am so thankful and so excited!

One of my sweet friends asked me if I can receive donations through PayPal and I can. If you desire to go that route, please search for me on PayPal by entering my at&t email address, which is (melissa(dot)irwin(@)att(dot)net) . Except obviously, where I have typed the word (dot) you will actually type a (.) period. Make sense?

Again, I thank you and I praise the God above.

With love and hope,
Melissa

No comments: