Saturday, July 4, 2009

God Bless This One and That One

Happy 4th of July. Remember to be so grateful for the freedoms we, as Americans, live day to day. The freedom to practice any faith. The freedom to go to public school and to be well educated. The freedom to challenge, the freedom to change directions, the freedom to try and to succeed....the freedom to serve or to be served. The freedom to love who you want to without being arranged, or promised to.

We have so many freedoms we cannot even count or begin to realize them. We are so spolied.
God Bless America? I sure love my country. I do....for all the many freedoms listed above and not listed above, I love my country. I've got it made, here. Men and women have been protecting my freedoms since long before I was a thought.
But I've been to Zim and I deeply want God to bless Zim. He has and He does, in ways you or I might not fully comprehend. They haven't been blessed with wealth or with options, but they have been blessed with spirits and hope that you nor I could ever imagine.

I've been to the Dominican Republic and I have served some of the Haitian community there. I so deeply want for God to bless the DR and Haiti. He surely has and will surely continue to, in was that you nor I can appreciate. He has blessed these peoples with the commitment to press on. Man, do they ever press on! It is a sight to behold, and I cannot be more thankful that I have beheld such sight with my very own, spoiled rotten eyes.
God bless America, yes. Bless us to be thankfully blessed, because many of us are not even clued in to our freedoms..... our freedom to vote, to worship, to work, to learn, to teach, to own property, to buy organic, to choose paper or cloth diapers, to stretch our minds and exercise our gifts and talents.
God, bless this one..
...Oh God please bless this one...
...and this sweet one....
...and that one....
Happy red, white and blue, freedom and independence day. Thank you to all who have served in our military, for all that you sacrifice for the countless freedoms that I forget to acknowledge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Haiti. I have a huge heart for the people there. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Tracy said...

What a great post, pictures & reminder. I haven't been back to Haiti in over twenty years. Thanks for taking me back . . .

Sarah said...

Your pictures made me smile and cry. Thank you for this post.