Saturday, July 25, 2009

Awesome Stank!



Today, I found a naked boy in my garden chair, and made some chocolate cookies. On a totally out-of-character, spontaneous whim, I took the boys to a place outside of Nashville, called Old Hickory, where there is a lake and a "beach" if you can call it that.
















I was not prepared for this one to be a dare-devil. He refused to let me hold his hand. I had a few moments of cardiac arrest, and then I abandoned my fears and just let him live a little. It was hysterical. And dirty and stanky....but sooooooooooooooooooo MUCH F.U.N.!!!!!!



At one point I thought Shawn might be tired....after all he had run and jumped into the lake about 60 time....and no I am not exaggerating. I took the boys back to our perch and removed Shawn's swim trunks. I kid you not...,.he took off naked, running to the lake. I caught him, and then just surrendered and put on these little pull ups. M.o.r.e. F.U.N.











I am not sure how much lake water Shawn consumed while Asher was conservatively crusing the beach and sinking his toes into the sand. And it remains to be seen if Shawn's stomach will need to be pumped at the hospital later....and yes, I'm a little worried about his diapers later.... but mostly, it was a blessed SPLASH. Except for when I looked up and saw Asher doing....this...

What you don't see are several sweet, innocent families in the near vicinity watching him and wondering where his mother was. I had to really zoom in to get this picture because I was in the water preventing Shawn from swimming to Kentucky.
Ahhhhh......mommyhood.....what a freakin blast!




1 comment:

Sarah said...

What joyful boys! Love these pictures and the story of naked Asher. Ha!!!