Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pill Poppin'

I'm finally getting over a nasty sinus/cold thingy. Yuk. And yes, I'm medicating. I'm also drinking teas with local honey, thanks to one precious friend. I'm taking Ibuprofen because if I don't, my face hurts. (and hey...no jokes about how my face hurts you too)..... And lately, I'm volutarily taking anti-depressants. I have some left over from my short bout with post-partum issues.....and thankfully, they are helping, but with only 6 left, not sure what's next.

I am so darn happy that the election is over. I wanted to vote for Obama, but I did ultimately vote for McCain. I prayed about it and God changed my vote against my wishes....but when I went to the polls I honored what I heard God telling me. I sincerely hope and pray the best for new President Elect Obama. God intended all along for him to be in leadership, as well as the other leaders who have been and will be appointed. Is it going to get better? Or will it get worse before it gets better? Who knows.....but what I do know that my eyes are on the Lord, and my plans are to offer encouragement....nothing less. (And by the way......God was not telling me to vote for McCain because He wanted McCain elected....but rather it was a test of my willingness to be obedient to what I was hearing Him speak to me. It was painful and difficult to say the least!)

I go to Africa (ALL BY MYSELF) on 12/5. Please keep me in your prayers. I will return home on 12/19.

Nothing profound peeps......just a few words. Have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I was wondering why you were so quiet! I'm sorry to hear you're sick and will pray for you to get better.

Going to Africa?? Are you doing a mission trip?

I hope you'll post stories and pictures when you get back.

Melissa Irwin said...

Yes Sarah...it is a mission trip...but not with a group. I'm going alone. I'm sure I will share it all right here! Thanks so much for praying for me! Love, Melissa

Melissa said...

I'm glad you're back, too---I've missed you.

'Tis the season for colds and flu,eh?