Sunday, August 30, 2009

Round #2

Oh Lordy...it has been a whole week since I posted a blog update. I bet my Aunt Peggy is real upset with me! (Hi Aunt Peg!)

The irony of this week is, that little princess I blogged about last Sunday morphed into another Real Estate Agent this week and she has been trying to make my life a living you know what. I guess I'm her weak little happy child in the corner. But like Shawn, who stood up and jerked himself away from little princess, I haven't exactly been the easy target that this woman thought I would be. I love it when the power I have in me rises up....I have Jesus to thank for that. But still....it makes me sad for people when they reveal their belief in their own superiority. I have had to pray a lot this week (several times a day) to just be filled up and reminded that there is no one superior to God in Heaven....and He's on my side. Thank you Lord for that!

More irony this week.... involves my bible study. I think I might have mentioned that my girls and I are doing another Beth Moore taught bible study on the book of Esther. It rocks. I'm still processing..... but last week there was a topic of "mean girls". It completely and utterly rocks my world that there is finally someone talking about this topic....in a good way. Unfortunately, I've dealt with more than my fair share of mean girls. Between little princess and Queen Realtor, God is truly directing me to pray for girls and women with such harsh spirits. That's tough! At least I got to see the little princess get pushed down the slide which was exactly what she deserved not funny at all. I wonder if Queen Realtor is heading to a local playground today. Hmmmm?

Can't wait for Friday when our little family vacation begins. I am so excited about our roadtrip to the beach. You can bet I'll be blogging about that.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I loved the mean girls lesson. Unfortunately I was being a mean girl myself that day. Now, when I catch myself thinking mean thoughts, I think, "What is making me feel threatened?"

Glad you're enjoying the study.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that another "mean girl" is well, being MEAN! Just think how much more you'll be ready to leave town & get to the beach!
I'll be praying for you all week...