Tuesday, December 23, 2008

FACES - Part 2







It was mental...
It was overwhelming...
It was devastating...
It was political...
It was spiritual...
It was sad...
.......but through it all were moments of joy.
I'll admit....I had a good cry today! I was driving and listing to one of my favorite CD's, by Ginny Owen. Ginny is a songwriter and singer of Christian music. She is blind. She plays piano and has the voice of an angel. One of her songs talks about walking through the valley.....in other words......willingly experiencing trials, pain and sorrow....for the sake of traveling the pathway that leads her home to Jesus. I have loved this song for a long time. Today I heard the song again......but unlike any other time, I heard it from an orphans perspective. As I sang along in my car (I am most definitely a car karaoke gal!).....I realized the song will always mean something different to me now. My favorite part of the song is toward the end when she sings.... "when I cross over Jordan, I'm gonna sing and I'm gonna shout....I'm gonna look into your (Jesus) eyes and see you've never let me down". I always have a visual during this part of the song, and goosebumps cover me....as I picture crossing the Jordan, running to the open arms of Jesus. The visual was different today.....today I saw Jesus awaiting my arrival across the Jordan with His arms open wide.....and all the children you see in the photos above were dancing around Him....they were not hungry. They were not dirty. They were not sick. They were perfectly perfect.
I miss them.
I cry now.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures and your experience with the Ginny Owen song. I will have to listen to that one again.

It's so hard to remember that the life on the other side is our REAL life. This life on earth is so short. How joyous it will be for you to reunite with your orphans over there!

Unknown said...

and i cry with you.

oh my. this is powerful.